المدرسة الافتراضية للترجمة وفنون اللغة العربية (جيمارا)

The Virtual School of Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA)

Dec 13-15 2019 Arabic-English Translation Course- Basic Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webinar Dec 13-15 2019 Arabic-English Translation Course- Basic Level

Arabic-English Translation Course- Basic Level
    This is a webinar-based three-day course on Arabic-English translation. We discuss the translation of trainees and give them corrections and feedback.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Course.png Views:	0 Size:	441.1 KB ID:	3224

Who can attend?
    Members are encouraged to attend the webinar, even if they are at an advanced level of translation. This course is intended to serve beginners.

Date and time:
    December 13, 14 and 15th
    5.00 PM

Deadline: This special offer lasts until December 10th, 2019.

Fees:
    If registering after the deadline, you will need to pay US$174 for the training course.

If registering before the deadline, you get the following offer:
    US$21.75 for non-members (payment is through the Donations button in the navigation bar)
    US$0.00 for trainees who have already taken paid courses
    US$0.00 for active members who will make by December 5th, contribution of 10,000 words of bilingual tables from Reverso. Check the general contribution thread here
    then click on the reverso instructions link.

How to join?
    Register here:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vpw...YhG5TC7KwRsYUA
    Failure to register by the deadline will mean lack of interest on your part.

Requirements:
    Microphone.

Assignments
    By December 1st, we will post the lessons in this thread. You need to post your translation here by December 5th, 2019.

Starts
    12-13-2019 05:00 PM
    Ends
    12-15-2019 06:00 PM

Few words for social media outlets..

Arabic into English Translation Course, a short one that will make a dramatic change!

Let us face it!

Hundreds of graduates but certainly students of translation are dead worried about their future. The vast overwhelming majority try to avoid even uttering a word in English, not to mention cracking the code of a well formatted eligible translation. Many have escaped the horror by diving deeply into the sand trying not even to be noticed, that is by changing their careers.

Others have sought refuge in voluntary illusions misled by the myth that a translator should translate only to his language. Amidst the confusion, a glimpse of hope is emitted by translation courses, but very soon do prospective students shut their eyes and get backwards a dozen of steps. Eventually, it is impossible for a long course or program to offer an enduring fix or make the difference! At least, this is what many feel as their helplessness grows with helping hands letting go so fast!

Well, making the difference is exactly what the upcoming training course wants to do. We believe that students are already living in a world fraught of big problems, and they often seem impossible to solve. But, we do believe, as well, in the power and potential of every single trainee. We strongly believe that it is the right of every translation graduate to start the process of identifying areas of improvements and see the way forward clearly to tackle the problem and kill it!:trans (81): If you want to start, here is the offer, but make sure you react very quickly!

Originally, a course costs a lot especially if that means offering detailed comments on a translation. We originally calculated the fees at the equivalent of US$58 per lesson, the total to be US$174.00. But we thought to re-engineer the package! If we really claim that we make the difference, then how come we are heedless of the financials of fresh graduates or students? Fees, whether high or low, are counterproductive. So let us think about alternatives. This is almost the end of the year, so let us work out a good-looking offer. How about reducing the price by half then by another quarter? If not enough, then how about....as in the link!!!

The personalised and individualized training will mean only the most eager few will be enrolled. Be the one who can make the difference, if not for people, then for yourself. The change is up to you. It is your choice, and only you can make the difference. Time is running out before this offer expires! Act wisely but swiftly.
    Life is short!

Comment

Hello, I want to participate in the course and read the terms and the best thing to register and pay the fees, is possible to make sure if I can I pay in Western Union instead of paypal? I haven't account on paypal. I was registered the course through the link when can we start make homework? Sorry but I am new. Thank you for this wonderful website..

Comment

• Mohammed
        Mohammed commented
        Editing a comment
        Once you pay the fees, you can start translating the three passages. They will be published here in a few days.

• Mohammed
        Mohammed commented
        Editing a comment
        You have other options, not necessarily paying fees. Anyways, if payment is your chance we will be grateful for your contribution to the forums.

• Lara asfour
        Lara asfour commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. No problem, I am happy to pay for your work, and will send you the western Union detail tomorrow.

Is it in December or January?

Comment

• Mohammed
        Mohammed commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for spotting this. It is December.

• Ahmed Magraalneel
        Ahmed Magraalneel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Fatima Ahmed Magraalneel Lara asfour

I am having problems with internet connection at the hotel. It is so weird that the website zoom works oj by phone but not accessible through the computer.

I will prepare some edits of your work tonmorrow and upload. I am really sorry.

Comment

No worries! Thank you

Comment

Ahmed Magraalneel Fatima
          I think the issue is resolved. Could you please log in Zoom now ?

Comment

Would you please put the link

Comment

Ahmed Magraalneel Fatima
              Can we meet through Zoom on Saturday? I prefer any time after 8:00 PM Amman Time. Please, indicate alternative times in case this one is not suitable for you.

Comment

Salam,
                It works well for me. Thank you.

Comment

Hello *** Muhammad and Welcome Back :trans (81):

Yes, it is fine with me to meet on Sat at 08:00 pm.

Comment

Let us meet then. I will soon renew the zoom account and post to you the link. Most welcome.

Comment

Here you are
                      https://zoom.us/j/121678311

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1873 users online. 2 members and 1871 guests.

Most users ever online was 84,330 at 07:54 PM on 02-03-2023.

About us
                      The Virtual School for Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA) is a place for trainees and professionals to meet and discuss issues related to their self-development.
                      Important Links
                      Follow us
                      Privacy Policy
                      Working...
                      X