المدرسة الافتراضية للترجمة وفنون اللغة العربية (جيمارا)

The Virtual School of Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA)

My Translation to Arabic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Translation to Arabic

Source Target
    The first president, Bechara el-Khoury, remained in power until 1952, when he abdicated after a general strike paralyzing the country. The elections held a year earlier, favourable to Khoury, were allegedly fraudulent. Shortly after the elections, Prime Minister Riad al-Solh was murdered during a visit to Amman in Jordan. مكث الرئيس اللبناني الأول بشارة الخوري في السلطة حتى عام 1952 لمّا تنازل عن الحكم بعد إضرابٍ عامٍّ شل حركة البلاد. وقبل عامٍ من ذلك، أُجريت انتخاباتٌ صبت في مصلحته إلا أنها كانت مزورةً حسب ما زعم بعضهم، ولم يمض وقتٌ كبيرٌ على تلك الانتخابات حتى قُتل رئيس الوزراء رياض الصلح خلال زيارةٍ له إلى عمان في دولة الأردن.
    But these were not the only problems. Military coups shook neighbouring Syria and Egypt, where Gamal Abdel Nasser was brought to power. Furthermore, the founding of Israel in 1948 and the Arab-Israeli wars that followed, not only brought well over a 100,000 Palestinian refugees to Lebanon (and many more to Jordan and Syria) but, even more importantly, it changed the entire political and demographic map of the region. لكن المآسي لم تنته عند هذا الحد، فقد هزت الانقلابات العسكرية الدولتين المجاورتين سوريا وبلد مصر الذي فيه تَقلد جمال عبد الناصر زمام الحكم، وليس هذا فحسب، فقد أدى تأسيس إسرائيل في عام 1948 واندلاع الحروب العربية الإسرائيلية التي تلت ذلك إلى لجوء ما يزيد عن 100 ألف فلسطينيٍّ إلى لبنان (ولجأ أكثر من ذلك إلى الأردن وسوريا)، بل ما هو أعظم أن ذلك غيّر كامل الخريطة السياسية والديموغرافية للمنطقة.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2020, 08:37 PM.

abdicated
    allegedly
    Military coups
    I learned these new terms from your work
    Thank you.
    Is there an Arabic term for the word demographics?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      نقول الديمغرافية باللغة العربية

Ameerarab It's my pleasure!
    I would suggest:
    الديموغرافيات، الإحصائيات السكانية/العمرانية

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6441 users online. 7 members and 6434 guests.

Most users ever online was 84,330 at 07:54 PM on 02-03-2023.

About us
    The Virtual School for Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA) is a place for trainees and professionals to meet and discuss issues related to their self-development.
    Important Links
    Follow us
    Privacy Policy
    Working...
    X