منتديات الباحثين في الدراسات الخاصة بمترجمي العربية وتأهيل المترجمين

Forums for Scholars and Researchers in Arabic Translation and Interpreting Studies and Training

My Translation into Arabic Language

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Translation into Arabic Language

Would you rate my translation into Arabic Language, please?
    it is a part of a speech for President Trump at the national Thanksgiving before 2 years.

Here is the source text:
    Remarks by President Trump at the National Thanksgiving Turkey Pardoning Ceremony
    THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Please, be seated. Good afternoon, everyone. A very special day at the White House. We are thrilled to be joined today by our great First Lady, Melania. (Applause.) On behalf of the entire Trump family, I want to wish all Americans a very, very happy Thanksgiving. (Applause.) At this time of the year, we reflect on all of the many blessings in our lives.

We’re also very glad to be joined by the Chairman of the National Turkey Federation, Jeff Sveen, along with his wife, Marcia; his father, John; his sons, Andrew, Peter, and Samuel, and their very beautiful families. Thank you very much for being here. Thank you. Thank you. Jeff, thank you. (Applause.)

Thanksgiving is a time of great American traditions, and today we continue a very special one, when a lucky turkey gets a presidential pardon. That turkey is so lucky. I’ve never seen such a beautiful turkey.

It has been stated that President Abraham Lincoln — Honest Abe — was the first President to grant such a pardon after his son, Tad, befriended the Christmas turkey and implored his father, “Please, dad. Please, save it.”

In this grand tradition, I am pleased to announce that today’s lucky bird and guest of honor is named Peas, along with his alternate named Carrots. The children will understand that.

The winner of this vote was decided by a fair and open election conducted on the White House website. This was a fair election. (Laughter.) Unfortunately, Carrots refused to concede and demanded a recount, and we’re still fighting with Carrots. (Laughter.) And I will tell you, we’ve come to a conclusion: Carrots, I’m sorry to tell you, the result did not change. (Laughter.) It’s too bad for Carrots. (Laughter.)

Peas and Carrots are the very first National Thanksgiving turkeys from the very great state of South Dakota. Love South Dakota. (Applause.) For this occasion, we are excited to be joined by Governor-elect — a real friend of ours — Kristi Noem. Where’s Kristi? Kristi — stand up, Kristi. Congratulations. (Applause.) And she just ran a very, very great race against a very capable opponent, and that was really something special. Congratulations, Kristi.

-----------------

Here is my translation:

تعليقات من الرئيس الامريكي دونالد ترامب في حفل اعفاء ديك الحبش في يوم عيد الشكر الوطني

الرئيس: شكراً لكم جميعاً، تفضلوا بالجلوس لو سمحتم. مساء الخير جميعاً. يا له من يومٍ مميز هنا في البيت الابيض. نحن مسرورون جداً بحضور السيدة الاولى ميلانيا لمشاركتنا هذا اليوم. (تصفيق). باسم عائلة ترامب أجمع، نتمنى للشعب الامريكي عيد شكر سعيد و رائع. (تصفيق). في مثل هذا الوقت من السنة، نتأمل جميعنا النعم الكثيرة في حياتنا.
    و كما أننا فخورين بانضمام رئيس اتحاد عيد الشكر الوطني جيف سفين (Jeff Sveen) هو وزوجته مارسيا و والده جون وابنه اندرو، بيتر، صامويل وعائلاتهم الرائعة. شكراً كثيراً لوجودكم هنا، شكراً لكم من اعماق القلب، والشكر الحار لك جيف. (تصفيق).
    يمثل عيد الشكر الوطني وقت عظيم لتقاليد الشعب الامريكي. واليوم نحن نستمر بالاحتفال بهذا اليوم المميز، فاعتدنا حسب تقاليدنا ان يكون هناك ديك حبش واح محظوظ ليتم الاعفاء عنه في عيد الشكر الوطني. أنه ديك حبش محظوظ حقاً. لم أرى اجمل منه فعلاً.
    وكما قد قال الرئيس الامريكي الصادق ابراهام لنكولن (Abraham Lincoln ) والذي كان اول من حَظيَ بشرف العفو عن ديك الحبش في عيد الشكر. وهذا بعدما قام ابنه تاد Tad) ) بمصاحبة الديك الرومي في عيد الميلاد وتوّسل لوالده وقال :" أرجوك أبي، أرجوك، دعنا نحتفظ به".
    بمناسبة هذا التقليد العظيم أعرب انه لمن دواعي سروري ان اعلن اليوم عن ديك الحبش الذي حالفه الحظ وهو ضيفنا الشرف لهذا اليوم واسمه بيس ((Peas وله اسم بديل وهو كاروتس Carrots)) يستطعيون ان يفهموا معنى هذا.
    الفائز في هذا التصويت لقد تم اختياره بطريقة عادلة ونزيهة على اساس الانتخاب وقد تم اجراءه على الموقع الخاص للبيت الابيض. لقد كانت انتخابات عادلة. (صوت ضحك الجمهور). إلا انه لسوء الحظ، لقد رفض كاروتس الاعتراف وطلب اعادة فرز الاصوات. وما زلنا للآن نطارد وراءه، يا له من ديك مضحك حقاً. (صوت ضحك الجمهور) . واريد اخباركم، لقد توصلنا الي نتيجة وهي: كاروتس ، انا آسف لاخبارك ان النتيجة لم تتغير. (صوت ضحك الجمهور) يا له من خبر سيء لكاروتس. (صوت ضحك الجمهور).
    بيس وكاروتس هو اول ديك حبش يتم الاعفاء عنه في عيد الشكر الوطني من ولاية جنوب داكوتا. كل الحب لجنوب داكوتا. (تصفيق) وبهذه المناسبة انا متحمس جداً لانضمام الرئيس المنتخب من جنوب داكوتا، وهي صديقة لنا. كريستي نعوم. اين هي كريستي؟ كريستي قفي من فضلك. تهانينا! (تصفيق)
    لقد خاضت سباق رائع جداً و عظيم ومنافس مع خصوم مؤهلين جداً. و كان هذا شيء مميز حقاً. تهانينا لك كريستي!

Accuracy in meaning: +80%
    Style: 40% This risks the acceptability of the translation.
    Grammar and spelling: 50% This risks the acceptability of translation.
    Vocabulary: 80% (Note: remarks كلمة NOT تعليقات)

Overall, it expresses the intended meaning.

Comment

• Batool Almajed
      Batool Almajed commented
      Editing a comment
      Any advice to make it more acceptable (especially the style, grammar, and spelling)?
      May you suggest another alternative for تعليقات?
      Thanks in advance.

• Mar
      Mar commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a bit disappointed. All your mistakes have already been amply addressed in previous videos.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44351 users online. 34 members and 44317 guests.

Most users ever online was 44,351 at 12:38 PM on Today.

About us
The Arabic Interpreters Forums is a place for trainees and professionals to meet and discuss issues related to their self-development.
Follow us
Privacy Policy
Working...
X