المدرسة الافتراضية للترجمة وفنون اللغة العربية (جيمارا)

The Virtual School of Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA)

Sentences and translation from Criminal Case game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General] Sentences and translation from Criminal Case game

Detective to the suspect:
    We will have another look at the roadside, and trust me, we will find something to make your life hell

سوف نبحث من جديد عن أدلة تدينك في جادة الطريق وثق تماماً إننا سنجد شيئاً يحول حياتك إلى جحيم.

I cannot shake the image out of my head. She looked like a pig!

لا أستطيع أن أزيل صورتها من مخيلتي فقد بدت أشبه بالخنزير.

ِA girl is dead and all you care to do is to spread filthy lies around.

هناك فتاة ميتة وكل ما يهمك في الأمر نشر الأكاذيب هنا وهناك.

She was hateful towards them.

كانت تكرههم .

1. I studied the wound on the victim's neck, and I can tell for sure that the killer is left-handed.

فحصت الجرح على رقبة الضحية فحصاً دقيقاً وعلى ضوء ذلك أستطيع أن أكد أنَّ القاتل أعسر.

2. The torn fabric is covered in blood. Let us piece it back together and see what it looks like.

​​​​​​​لقد مُزِّقت هذه القماشة وهي مخضبة بالدم. دعونا نجمع القطع لتعرف ما هي.

3. We have already made good progress on the case.

لقد أحرزنا تقدماً حسناً في القضية.

​​​​​​​
    4. The killer must have tried to open the cap with their teeth, and lost his tooth in the process.

​​​​​​​لا بد أنَّ القاتل حاول فتح الغطاء بأسنانه فكسر سنَّه في أثناء ذلك.

5. We have heard more than enough. You are under arrest.

كفانا ما سمعنا. أنت رهن الاعتقال.

6. Never have I heard of such a heinous crime in all my years presiding this Court.

لم أسمع في حياتي عن جريمة شنيعة مثل هذه طيلة ترأسي لهذه المحكمة.

7. I do not know how she will rebuild her life after all that happened to her.

​​​​​​​لست أدري كيف ستتابع حياتها بعد كل ما حدث لها.

8. The autopsy will not be ready for a few hours, but what we found will keep us busy enough.
    ​​​​​​​لن يجهز تقرير التشريح قبل بضع ساعات لكنَّ ما وجدناه حتى الآن سيشغلنا كثيراً.
    9. She is always snooping around, telling stories. She should learn to keep her ugly nose out!

​​​​​​​9. دائماً ما تتطفل على الناس وتتابع أخبارهم وترهقهم بالقيل والقال، وآن لها أن تتعلم أن لا تحشر أنفها في شؤون غيرها.

10. Now that all elements have been reviewed, does the defense have anything to say?

​​​​​​​بعد أن راجعنا ملابسات القضية، أتوجه للدفاع بالسؤال إن كان لديه أي شيء آخر يضيفه.

11. Are you suspecting me of the murder? I had nothing to gain from that.

هل تتهمني بارتكاب الجريمة؟ لا يمكن أن أكون القاتل فماذا أستفيد من قتله؟

12. I guess when the good men fall, they fall hard.

​​​​​​​أعتقد أنَّ غلطة الشاطر بألف.

Last edited by Mohammed; 10-03-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

13. Somehow I doubt this phone number was given to Ed by his wife. Let us track its owner down.

إن صدق حدسي فزوجة إيد هي التي أعطته رقم الهاتف. على كل حال، دعنا نقتفي أثر صاحبه.

14. Unless the killer is made of steel, he is walking around with a nice bruise on his face.

ما لم يكن القاتل مصنوعاً من حديد، فلا بد من أنَّ هناك جرحاً واضحاً على وجهه.

15. Never trust a word from him.

لا تثق بكلامه.

16. I doubt Harry will accept to cooperate further after this.

أشك في أنّ هاري سيتعاون أكثر من ذلك بعد ما حدث.

17. All I have got to say is that you are lucky to have me on the team.
      كل ما أستطيع قوله أنَّك محظوظ بوجودي في الفريق.

18. When I first confronted him, he acted sorry, said he would stop, but those were all lies, of course.

عندما واجهته في المرة الأول أخبرني إنَّه متأسف عما بدر منه وإنه لن يكرر ذلك مرة أخرى، لكنَّ كل ذلك بالطبع لم يكن إلا كذباً.

19. You handled this case with a cool hear, despite the fact that one of your colleagues had been murdered.

أحيي فيك رباطة جأشك في التعامل مع هذه القضية مع أنَّ المغدور كان أحد زملائك في العمل.

20. I was mugged while I was on the docks. A thief took my bag, and he just threw it in the river!

هاجمني لص بينما كنت في الميناء وسلب حقيبتي ثم رماها ببساطة في النهر.

Comment

21. He hopes to pin the murder on her so that would would attack China.

كان يأمل خداعك بأن يجعلك تظن أنّّها من ارتكب الجريمة لكي تنتقم بالهجوم على الصين.

22. I welcomed you under my roof and you whispered lies to my ear!

أدخلت إلى بيتي وآويتك فهل جزائي أن أمطرتني بأكاذيبك لخداعي!

23. Betrayal cannot go unpunished.

​​​​​​​لا مجال للعفو عن الخائن.

24. I did not come all this way to lose face.

لم أقطع تلك المسافة كلها لكي أريق ماء وجهي.

​​​​​​​25. Your hunch was right.

أصاب حدسك.

Comment

Salam, please help me better my translation. Thank you.

*** Dennis Brown. Maria Sanchez told us you offered your bodyguard services to Ned Dillard shortly before his death. Is that true?

السيد دينيس براون. أخبرتنا ماريا سانشيز بأنكم عرضتم خدمات الحراسة الشخصية على ند ديلارد قبل وفاته بفترة قصيرة. هل هذا صحيح؟

Sure. Ned Dillard was a crook. He sold a lot of sh*t to a lot of people. The guy obviously needed protection
          بالتأكيد. كان ند ديلارد محتالاً. فلقد إعتاد على بيع الممنوعات لكثير من الناس. ولا شك إلى أن من هو مثله يحتاج للحماية.

I see you’re missing a tooth. Did you lose it on the job?

أرى أحد أسنانك مفقوداً. لا تقل لي أنك فقدته في أثناء العمل؟

Uh, yeah. It’s a rough job, sometimes you get on the wrong end of the fight.

آه، نعم. إنه عمل شاق، فأحياناً تجد نفسك في مواجهة نِدٍّ لك صعب المراس

Look, about Ned…. I didn’t kill him. But I’ve got a list of people who might have: all the people who got their houses taken because of him!

صدقني لم أقتله. ولكن إن شئت أعطيتك قائمة بأسماء كل من له مصلحة بقتله: هؤلاء الذين خسروا منازلهم بسببه.

I didn’t think I’d need that list no more, since the guy’s dead, so I tore it up. You can probably still put it back together. Though.

لم أكن أعتقد أن للقائمة أي أهمية بعد وفاة الرجل، فمزقتها. وإن شئت تستطيع أن تعيد جمعها.

Last edited by Fatima; 10-10-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

That needs a video (easier for me). I will get it ready to you by tomorrow and place it inside your post.

Comment

Fatima Here is teh video. I am throwing so many questions to you there :) Hope you enjoy the provocative thoughts..

Comment

• Fatima
                Fatima commented
                Editing a comment
                Salam, thank you very much for your thorough input. I will review and edit inshaallah. I translated the sentences in a way that I ignored it was a dialogue. When I heard your explanation I could see the whole meaning (the big picture) , it is much clearer to me now. One thing to mention that it took me some time to decide for the word “ sh*t “, because it’s offensive. I considered “ الممنوعات " but I couldn’t find this meaning mentioned anywhere. I will listen again and discuss more of the points that you’ve raised. Thanks again.

• Mohammed
                Mohammed commented
                Editing a comment
                I understand. It is a sentence detached from context. Anyways, translators are encouraged to look for contextual clues, which I did in this case.

سلام عليكم د. أبو ريشة وفاطمة والزملاء،
              يعطيك العافية. شاهدت كيف أنك تترجم ترجمة حرة لكن المحتوى لعبة
              game
              فأمامنا خياران غالباً. إما التوطين وإما ترجمة شاشة مرئية وفي الحالتان لا يوجد مساحة أذكر فيها "وقال مستفهماً / ساخراً". فهلا أوضحت نوع الترجمة التي تقصدها دكتور، من فضلك.
              تحياتي

Last edited by Guest; 10-10-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Mohammed
                Mohammed commented
                Editing a comment

أحسنت قولاً. ترجمة الألعاب اختصاص قائم بحد ذاته ويختلف بمتطلباته وشروطه عن شروط الترجمات الأخرى. بخصوص تعليقي حول قال مستفهماً، فقد كان ذلك لتوضيح فكرة وهي أنه لا بد للترجمة من أن تعكس المعنى المصاحب للكلام. واتفق معك أنَّ الشاشة لن تتسع للكلام المطول وأعتقد أني ذكرت شيئاً من هذا القبيل في الفيديو التوضيحي. يمكنك أن تقولي للاقتصاد بالكلام مثلاً: وماذا عن ضرسك، لا تقل إنك أضعته في العمل! فبهذه الطريقة اختصرنا الكلام وأضفنا البعد البراغماتي للترجمة. يذكرني كلامك برسالة ماجستير حول ترجمة الافلام وقد أخذت على الباحث الانتقاد نفسه فقد أطال كثيراً في ترجماته المقترحة علماً أنَّ ترجمة الافلام لا تقبل الإطالة بالكلام لأنه لا يجوز أن يكون في كل مرة أكثر من سطرين في كل سطر ما لا يزيد على 35 حرفاً.

• Mohammed
                Mohammed commented
                Editing a comment
                @Fatima
                What do you say?

نعم دكتوري، أعلم أنك أوضحتها بإيجاز في "لا تقل إنك أضعته في العمل". تسلم يداك للتفاصيل، فحضرتك لديك تنبؤ أنه يسخر لأن هذا تحقيق. أعني أن هذا البُعد الذي رأيته هو نتيجة أفُقك الواسع وأنا أقدّر وأحييك لمشاركتك الوافرة إياه لنا.

Comment

You are right! I do have remorse! Killing Cal has been eating me up inside!

أنت على حق. نعم أشعر بالندم الكبير بل قل إنَّني ما عرفت طعم الراحة بعد قتلي لـ (كال)

You stand on trial for the murder of Cal.

أنت ماثل أمامنا في المحكمة بتهمة قتلك لـ (كال)

This is another investigation all wrapped up.

وهكذا نجحنا مجدداً في حل لغز جريمة أخرى.

He should have kept his temper under control.

ما ضيره لو ضبط أعصابه!

In one moment of anger, he lost all the family he had in the world, his legacy and his freedom!

في لحظة غضب طائش خسر ما تبقى من أسرته وإرثها وفقد حريته.

Once the police catch him, he will not see the sunshine for a long time!

عندما تحين الفرصة وتقبض الشرطة عليه، سيُزجُّ بالسجن ولن يرى الشمس بعدها لمدة طويلة.

Comment

Salam, I must agree that the translator should go behind the scenes to deliver the intended message. Thank you Mohamad and Yarak for your input and I truly value your opinions. I am happy being part of this community.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191101-150918_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	2773

Comment

Such a tragedy......Jennifer often came to the shop to buy meat. She was a sweet kid, always smiling.
                      ** Colletti a part from you who has access to this warehouse?
                      كم هو مؤسف....دائما ًً ما كانت جينيفر تأتي إلى المحل لتشتري لحماً. لقد كانت طفلة بريئة كانت دائما ما تبدو مبتسمة
                      سيد كوليت جزء منك من توصل الى هذا المستودع؟

Comment

• Mohammed
                        Mohammed commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome Asmaa. When you write in Arabic, select the Arabic text, then click the ض icon in the editor toolbar.

x

Speaker 1: You’d better have some good news for me, you two.

من الأفضل أن تحملا لي بعض الأخبار الجيدة، أنتما الإثنان.

Speaker 2: Well your highness, we’re doing all we can do to find Nebet’s killer! But we found something very strange in the process……

حسناً سموك، نحن نفعل كل ما في وسعنا للعثور على قاتل نيبيت! لكننا أثناء ذلك وجدنا شيئاً غريباً جداً.

We found a…... prophecy in a pyramid. A message from your slave Nebet…. except she claimed to be the Goddess Nefertiti.

عثرنا على …. نبوءة في هرم. رسالة من آمتك تيبيت …. إلا أنها إِدَّعَتْ بأنها الإلهة نفرتيتي.

Speaker 1: You weren’t meant to enter that sacred place!

The Goddess had asked me for a place to leave her prophecy for future generations, and I let her use this pyramid as her temple.

لم يكن من المفترض أن تدخلا ذاك المكان المقدس!

لقد طلبت إليَّ الإلهة مكاناً تترك فيه نبوءتها إلى الأجيال القادمة، لذلك سمحت لها باستخدام هذا الهرم كمعبد لها.

Speaker 2: So you really believe that she was a goddess?

إذاً، أتعتقدين حقاً بأنها (تيبيت) كانت إلهة؟

Speaker 1: Of course, I did! Egyptian royals are appointed by the gods to rule. And it’s not unusual for gods to take humble human forms, even that of a slave, to talk to us.

بالطبع، فعلت. فالآلهة عينت ملوك مصر لتحكم. وليس غريباً عنها أن تأخذ أشكالاً بشرية متواضعة لتتحدث إلينا، حتى ولو كانت على صورة عبد.

Besides, Nebet knew things about my personal life only a god could have known! Why would I doubt her?

إلى جانب ذلك، عرفت نيبيت أشياءً عن حياتي الشخصية لا يعرفها إلا الله! فلماذا أشك فيها؟

Naturally, I assumed that I had a part in this plan, that I would become the most powerful ruler and extend my influence over Roman territory…..

من الطبيعي أنني افترضت أنه كان لي دور في هذه الخطة، وأني سأصبح أكثر الحكام قوة وأبسط نفوذي على الأراضي الرومانية

Last edited by Fatima; 12-30-2019, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Fatima I really enjoyed reading your translation :)

أمَتُك بدلاً من عبدتك
                        طلب إلى بدلاً من طلب من
                        لا يعرفها إلا إله بدلاً من الله وحده يعرفها

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1041 users online. 3 members and 1038 guests.

Most users ever online was 84,330 at 07:54 PM on 02-03-2023.

About us
                        The Virtual School for Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA) is a place for trainees and professionals to meet and discuss issues related to their self-development.
                        Important Links
                        Follow us
                        Privacy Policy
                        Working...
                        X